Your application is being created and sent to Irish Life.
This process can take up to a minute. Please don’t click back or close your browser.
A confirmation page will open once your application has been sent.
How does Medi-Phone work?
All phone calls are made by qualified nurses who work for MorganAsh (a specialist company who are conducting the interviews on behalf of Irish Life). They will first ask you to confirm some personal information, as a security check and to ensure confidentiality and that you are comfortable to undertake the interview at that particular time. After this, they will ask you relevant questions to gather the health information we need.
1. Details of any medication you are currently taking (name and dosage).
2. Details of any past or present medical conditions suffered.
3. Details of any tests or investigations, e.g. blood pressure, cholesterol tests. You may like to phone your G.P. or whoever did these tests, to get the results.
4. You may be asked for your height and weight. If you do not know your weight, please try to weigh yourself prior to the interview.
5. It is helpful to think about your recent medical history, for example in the past three years, did you visit the doctor or have you missed any time off work? If so, why and what medication did you receive?
The call will be recorded and will be a permanent part of your application for cover. Calls should take approximately 15 to 30 minutes.
Once we have gathered the relevant details as part of the Medi-Phone call, a skilled Irish Life underwriter will assess the information and, in most cases, make a final decision on whether we can accept your application. Your financial advisor will then write to you to communicate this decision. In certain circumstances, we may require some further medical evidence from your doctor and/or from yourself. You will be advised if this is necessary.
A copy of the interview will be sent to you for your records. If you need to change anything or would like to add anything to the report, you can make the amendment, sign it and return it to Irish Life in the Freepost envelope provided with the report.
What are the advantages of Medi-Phone over getting the information by paper? 1. We tailor each interview to you and your personal circumstances making the process easier and quicker than completing a standard application form.
2. It may be more convenient for you.
3. We can get better quality information on your health history.
What happens if I do not want to discuss my medical details over the phone?
This is not a problem. Following a Medi-Phone call, if you are not happy providing your medical details over the phone, we will post you the relevant forms for your completion. You can then post these forms back to Halligan Insurances. If you have any questions in relation to this please contact Halligan Insurances on 01 879 7100.