Student & Graduates FAQ

Is the amount shown on the policy a monthly premium or yearly?

The premium is a once-off payment, that covers you for the length of the policy.

While I was filling up the address details, which details do I need to provide? Is it my current address from my home country or destination country address?

You can use your current address and change it to your Irish address when you have it.

Can I edit my address, if it changes after I have purchased the policy?

Yes, you can. Go to and using your username/email and password that was emailed to you on purchase of the policy. Once logged in, you click "Locate & Edit Certificate" to find your certificate and then click "Edit Address". Click Update, when you have finished.

You can download your updated certificate by clicking "View Certificate" and saving the pdf to your PC.

What is the time frame of receiving a health insurance receipt as I need it for my visa application?

You will be emailed your Certificate of Cover immediately upon purchase of the policy. If it does not arrive in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder.

I am planning to travel to Ireland for my MS, can you provide me the policy details available to the non-EU students?

Please go to where you can purchase either an 8-month policy which costs €78.33 or 12-month policy which costs €100.00. Please familiarise yourself with the Insurance Product Information Document and Policy Wording attached to the website before purchasing as these documents fully outline the eligibility conditions, cover and exclusions.

You can purchase and pay online by credit/debit card and upon purchase of the policy, you will immediately be emailed the documentation.

The Overseas Student Medical & Personal Accident Insurance Policy, when presented with your other qualifying immigration documents, allows you to apply for a student visa (stamp 2) in Ireland.

I've forgotten or lost my password, what can I do?

Got o and click on "Lost your password" to create a new password.

Can I renew my policy?

No, you need to purchase a new policy each year. Please go to  for a Stamp 2 Visa (study visa) or for a 1G Visa (work visa)

I'd like to get information about 1G Visa Insurance?

Please go to where you can purchase a Graduate policy suitable for a Stamp 1G Visa. This policy when presented with your other qualifying immigration documents, allows you to apply for a 12 month Irish visa.

Please note, to be eligible for this insurance you must meet the following criteria:
• Be domiciled in a Non-EEA Country
• Be aged under 40
• Have graduated from a course in a Republic of Ireland college
• Not be Ordinarily Resident in the Republic of Ireland.

Please familiarise yourself with the IPID and Policy Wording attached on our website before purchasing as this outlines the cover and exclusions on the policy. The policy costs €250.00 in total.